Winter is all about the holidays. With Christmas and New year around the end of the year, winter is a perfect season to get cozy with your family & friends and throw parties.
Cakes hold a prime spot in these parties. But baking the perfect cake that everyone can enjoy is hard to discover. So, baking an eggless cake is the best solution for these parties.
With these two classic eggless recipes, you can bake the ideal cake that everyone will enjoy.
Fruit Cake: A traditional fruit cake with a rich, velvety texture is a classic dessert for winter. You can bring in the same flavor and texture even without using eggs.
Follow this recipe step by step to get the perfect fruit cake with fruity flavor in each bite.
Ingredients: Use the following elements:
Dry Ingredients: 150 grams of brown sugar, 150 grams of all-purpose flour, 50 grams almond powder, ¼ tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp baking powder, a pinch of salt, and cinnamon powder.
Wet Ingredients: 125 grams butter (at room temperature), 25 grams vegetable oil, 70 grams curd, ½ tsp lemon juice, one orange zest, and orange juice.
Fruits: 400-450 grams. (You can use dry fruits of your choice, like dates, raisins, cranberry, blueberry, etc.)
Preparation: Assemble the ingredients before so you can start your baking.
Prepare Your Fruits: Soak the fruits overnight and chop them into a large clean bowl. You can also boil your fruits to soften and pour them into a bowl.
You can use dried fruit mixtures available in supermarkets or online. Use the fruits you like to make the flavor you want.
Grate the outside of the orange and keep it aside.
Put Together the elements:
- Lightly grease a 6 inch or 7-inch cake pan with some butter or oil and use greaseproof paper for easy cleanup.
- While doing this, remember to preheat the oven to 320 F 160°C.
- Pour the orange juice into your mixed fruit bowl. Add butter, oil, and all the wet ingredient into it, and put it aside.
- Shift all the dry ingredients and put them into a bowl.
- Now add the liquid mixture slowly into the dry mixture and stir it well. Don’t put the whole blend at once. Gently mix to make a lump-free batter.
- Rest the mixture for a few minutes.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan.
Bake The Cake: Pour the mixture into the previously greased pan and place it in the preheated oven. And bake it for 30-40 minutes in 180°C.
Remove the pan from the oven and insert a toothpick to check the cake is fully cooked or not. If it comes out, stick with batter, then bake it for another 5minuts.
Take the cake out from the oven and rest the cake to cool for 10-15mins. Run a knife to the wall of the pan and invert it to remove the cake.
Chocolate Cake: This eggless chocolate cake recipe is just the perfect one for all the vegans, vegetarians, and people who don’t like eggs. The spongy and fluffy cake is like a treat to the taste buds.
You can make the recipe with a few readily available ingredients. If you love chocolates and want to immerse into the chocolaty deliciousness, try this recipe to present yourself with a sweet delight.
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1½ cup of sugar
- 1 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup of vegetable oil
- 2cups of water
- 1¾ tsp of baking soda
- 1 ½ tsp of vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt to increase the taste.
Preparation: Make sure to keep all the ingredients handy. Because it will make your process easier.
- Preheat the oven to 170°C or 340F.
- Take a 6/7 inch cake pan and grease it with oil. Sprinkle a little flour so that the cake will easily get removed.
- Take a large bowl. Shift the flour, cocoa powder, ground sugar, baking powder.
- Pour the water slowly and mix in, so there is no lump in the mixture.
- Add the oil and vanilla extract, then stir it slowly.
- Allow resting the mixture for 10-15mins.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan.
The Baking and Resting:
- Place the pan into the preheated oven. And bake the cake for 30-35mins at 170°C. Remember that your baking time depends upon the pan you are using.
- After the given time, put the cake out of the oven. Insert a clean toothpick inside it to check if it is fully cooked.
- If it feels uncooked, bake for anot6her 5 to 10 mins.
- After the cooking is complete, take it out of the oven.
- Let the cake rest for a while until it is cooled.
- Take a knife and revolve it inside the pan, then flip it.
Your eggless chocolate cake is now ready. Enjoy it with some hot tea or have it as a dessert after dinner.